I started wine blogging a month ago, on October 12th.
It’s been a fun time so far. I’ve tasted and written up nine wines in that time—though, the first I didn’t rate, and the second I didn’t know the vintage—and that includes five varietals that I had never previously tried, all from California, Spain, and France.
Here are links to the writeups:
- NV Domaine Chandon Reserve Brut (no score)
- (vintage unknown) Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon (71)
- NV Domaine Chandon Reserve Pinot Noir Brut (87)
- 2006 Tamas Estates Barbera (82)
- 2003 Vinea Tempranillo Reserva (72)
- 2006 Tamas Estates Sangiovese (89)
- 2007 Dry Creek Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc (88)
- 2005 Las Rocas de San Alejandro Garnacha (86)
- 2006 Domaine du Coste Chaude Cuvee Coste Chaude (88)
I’ve either gotten lucky, or I need to grade harder, or something; those are some good scores! Anyway, I’m having a great time, and I hope you are too (the few dozen of you per day who make it over here).
Exciting news in that I’m getting something of a hookup from family of a friend, and should have a little more ready access to a variety of wines. Not everything will be from Domaine Chandon or BevMo. Stay tuned!