Hey there, fans o' Notes, I’ve got two tickets to give away to an amazing event on Saturday, June 4th, in Healdsburg!
Russian River Valley Single Vineyard Night
At Single Vineyard Night, you’ll be able to taste some of the most special wines that come out of Russian River Valley: those with a single vineyard designation. Right alongside Farmers and Winemakers of the Russian River Valley!
The best part about single vineyard wines, in my opinion, is the uniqueness of each vintage and each vineyard. You get a true sense of place when all the wines are from, well, the same place. I’m a huge fan of single vineyard wines from all over, and Russian River Valley’s single vineyard wines tend to be something very special indeed.
The list of the wineries involved includes:
- Ancient Oaks, Siebert Ranch
- Arrowood-Saralee’s Vineyard
- Balletto Vineyards , selection of single vineyards
- Benovia, Bella Una Vineyard
- Desmond Wines, Estate
- Dutton Estate Winery, Dutton Palms Vineyard
- Dutton Goldfield, Freestone Hill Vineyard
- Ferrari-Carano, Fiorella
- Gary Farrell, Westside Farms
- George Wine Company, Leras Family Vineyard
- Graton Ridge Cellars, Bacigalupi Vineyard
- Hop Kiln Winery, HKG Bridge Selection
- Inman Family, Olivet Grange Vineyard
- Iron Horse Vineyards, Rued Clone
- John Tyler Wines, Bacigalupi Vineyard
- Joseph Swan, Trenton View Vineyard
- LaFollette, DuNah Vineyard
- Lauterbach Cellars, Estate
- Longboard, Dakine Vineyard
- Martinelli Winery, Lolita Ranch
- Matrix Winery, Nunes Vineyard
- Merriam, Willowside Vineyard
- Merry Edwards, Klopp Ranch
- Moshin Vineyards, Bacigalupi Vineyard
- Mueller Winery, Vino Farms
- Nalle Winery, Hopkins Ranch
- Old World Winery, Estate
- Papapietro Perry, Leras Family Vineyard
- Russian River Vineyards, Estate Vineyards
- Sandole Wines, Oehlman Ranch
- Siduri Wines, Ewald Vineyards
- Sonoma Cutrer, Owsley
- Thumbprint Cellars, Saralee’s Vineyard
- William Selyem, Flax Vineyard
So How Can You Win?
It’s simple, really. I have one set of two tickets—a $110 value—to give away. I will do so on Friday, May 27th. That’s this Friday. So, you have from now until 11:59pm PDT Thursday, May 26th to respond to this post with the name of your favorite single vineyard wine. That’s it. Easy.
It doesn’t have to be from Russian River Valley, though that would be apropos. I also can’t give bonus points if it is from RRV. I will randomly select the winner on Friday morning and announce it here. The tickets will be at will call at the event for the eventual winner.
You don’t want to miss this event! Good luck!